Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Surprisingly, the holiday isn't a big deal over here. We bought a few chickens, because turkey is outlandishly expensive, and had a sort-of fake Thanksgiving Feast. Everything continues to be well over here, and work is pretty entertaining. The bosses destroyed a bird nest outside the store prior to my shift the other day, and the two birds took great offense. They flew around inside the bottle shop, squawking and knocking things over. I called the manager, and she said that I had to "go get them" before my shift was over. I, being somewhat logical, asked how I was supposed to go about getting an animal that can fly whenever it wishes. Her thoughts were, in order, that: I'm an American, thus a Boy Scout, thus clearly adept at catching live birds in small spaces. Craziness. Pictures will be coming soon.

2 comments: